(Notification) NID Kurukshetra Admmision - 2016
Online Applications are invited for the four years Graduate
Diploma Program in Design (GDPD) for the academic year 2016-17 at its transit
campus located at Government Polytechnic, Umri, Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years of age (relaxable by three
years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2016.
- General Category applicants: Candidates born on or before July 1, 1996
are not eligible.
- Reserved Category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH): Candidates born on
or before July 1, 1993 are not eligible
Applications for Academic Year 2016-17 is open to
applicants who have passed or will appear for the qualifying examinations
under the higher secondary (10+2) from any recognized Board of Education
such as AISSCE/IB/ICSE, or equivalents, during the academic year 2015-16.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or
State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of
the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute
of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a
foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the
Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or
Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or
International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate
Annual Academic Fees Structure:
- Tuition fees : 1,20,000
- Studio, KMC and I.T. Infrastructure charges : 55,000
- Refundable Security Deposit : 10,000
- Total fees for the first year (two semesters) : 1,85,000
All candidates applying for the GDPD programme and having made necessary
payment for registration will be called for the Design Aptitude Test (DAT).
There will be one question paper containing Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
with OMR sheet for answers by the candidates. The question paper will be in
English and carry a total of 100 marks. At the announced test centres, the DAT
will be held from 10 a.m. to 1.00 ap.m. on 28th August 2016.
Based on the scores obtained in DAT shorlisted candidates only will be called
for a second round of exams at NID-Kurukshetra transit campus, as per the
announcements on the web-site.
Second-round of the test i.e. Studio/ Situation Tests will consist of
different sections in different format such as hands on practical assignments,
etc. The studio test will carry a total of 100 marks. The test will be conducted
How To Apply:
STEP 1 :
- New Candidate to visit the website : https://applyadmission.net/NIDK2016
and click : Fresh Candidate (Click Here) to Create Log In
- Fill the details to register for any programme. You must have a valid
email ID for applying online. (Note: In case candidate is applying for both
Phase I and Phase II then candidate must use the same email id.)
- Press the button “Submit”. Once the information filled here will not be
- The confirmation for the registration will also be sent on your email
STEP 2 :
- Already Logged In Candidate to visit the website : https://applyadmission.net/nid2015
and login by clicking Already Logged In Candidate(CLICK HERE) to Complete
- On clicking Already Logged In Candidate (CLICK HERE) to Complete Process
page will appear which will have buttons indication 4 actions which are to
be completed for submission of online application form:
Action1 : Fill Application
Action 2 : Uploading image (Photograph and Signature)
Action 3 : Make Payment
Action 4 : Print Application
- Start Date of Online Registration : 18 July 2016
- Last Date to Online Registration Available : 08 August 2016
- Uploading of Admit Cards on the Website : 21 August 2016